Monday 6 January 2014

Technology + Fitness = A love affair made in heaven !

Technology + Fitness = A love affair made in heaven !


So, from time to time I am fortunate enough to get to review some products,  and the ones that I think are worthy for people to know about and that meet the PT Paddy standards… I let people know about – believe me I have tried some awfully horrid products that deserve to be locked up and have the key thrown away!

Anyhow most of these products are in some way health or fitness related, and indeed most have been food / diet related – recently however I got to review some tech!

Being a complete gadget nerd I absolutely LOVE when technology and fitness can cross over.  My previous background as some of you may know is working in Radio Production and also a Radio presenter so I was absolutely thrilled to have the opportunity to try out some earphones.  With so so many different brands outs there, and some immense variations in price – having good quality earphones that can keep up with your gym workout can be a bit tricky to find – especially if you are someone who sweats you need to ensure your earphones are going to be able to cope with the moisture too.  The product I have been trying out now for a while are from a brand called MEElectronics – I’ll be honest I hadn’t heard of them until I seen an advert online and looked more into their range, and their wide variety of products caught my attention.  Anyway back to the earphones, these little babies are actually made specifically for use during working out – so they handle sweaty situations fantastically – not only that but they come with their own carry case and an armband too! (I could have done with this previously when I was running on a treadmill and managed to send my iPod flying off!!).  Their in ear design is extremely comfortable and I didn’t have to worry about them falling out, along with that there’s built in volume control & a microphone (just to ensure you can answer that all important motivation call from your mate who is checking to make sure you’re at the gym and not the pub!!).  On the topic of comfort – if like me you find some in-ear products actually painful to use, then I can assure you that you’ll love these for comfort (the ones that come with my iPhone really actually hurt me!)

Overall given their ability to handle sweat, their specific sports design, the price and they fact they actually look cool, I have to say this was one of my more favorable products to get to try out!

In addition to the Sport-Fi I actually purchase another of their products myself too, some Bluetooth enabled earphones – I’m a huge fan of Bluetooth, so if you are too I suggest checking out their page to see these too – though these aren’t part of the sports range, they are great commuting or general listening and chillaxing !

Whilst talking about music I thought I would also share my current top 5 played gym tracks:

1. Darude – Santstorm
2. Energy 52 – CafĂ© Del Mar
3. Black Eyed Peas – Tonights going to be a good night
4. Swedish House Mafia – Greyhound
5. Ellie Goulding – Burn (Tiesto remix)



Website:  www.meelec.com   
Price $59.99 which is about €44







No comments:

Post a Comment